Is your office cubicle dull and boring? Are you tired of looking at those grey walls all day long? Well, that means it is high time that you do up your work space. All around you hear about homes, schools, restaurants and movie halls being redecorated. Most of your time is spent at your workplace. So why not decorate your office cubicle. It doesn’t have to be an expensive affair either. Read on to find out how to transform your used cubicle into a new and attractive work space and not burn a hole in your wallet as well.
• Add a personal touch to your office cubicle. Hang framed photographs of your loved ones on the walls. If you have kids, put their smiling pictures on your desk. This will definitely lighten you up after a tough day at work. You can also add memoirs like greeting cards from your friends and families.
• Put up some potted plants in the corner of your workspace. Plants will help purify the air and also make the cubicle look more refreshing and alive. Make sure you that you choose indoor plants that will suit the lighting in your cubicle.
• Choose a holiday corner in your cubicle. You can change the wall paper color according to holiday seasons like Christmas. You can also pin up greeting cards here.
• Customize your desktop background on your system. It could be pictures of your family or of the latest vacation you took.
• Add fancy lights or lamp shades to give an added effect to your used cubicle
• Pin up your favorite quotes. Nowadays magnets and buttons with witty quotes are available everywhere. These are quite reasonably priced too.
• If you are interested in reading, display some of your books in cubicle shelves. Putting up books by well-known authors can also improve your image as an avid reader
Things to remember while redecorating your office cubicle
• Be aware of your office policies. While decorating your cubicle, keep the office ethics.
• Do not choose loud colors if you plan to change your wall color
• If you plan to put up quotes or phrases, make sure that they are not offensive to any one in any way. Most of these quotes are either racist or gender biased. So be cautious not to attract complaints from your office colleagues.
•Do not overcrowd your desk with personal things. Remember that office is where you are supposed to work and not think of home.
• Keep your desk organized and clean. It is very embarrassing to have your senior reprimand you for your clutter.
• Do up your cubicle either after work hours or during your breaks. Your boss is not going to be happy if you are seen decorating your cubicle instead of working.
Having a pleasant, clean and attractive office used cubicle will definitely increase your morale and work performance. So use this as a guide to change your boring used cubicle to one that is the envy of all your office colleagues. Used Cubicle.